Wednesday 9 July 2008

Dizzee Rascal proud of 'Dance Wiv Me'

Dizzee Rascal has insisted that he did not betray his roots with latest single 'Dance Wiv Me'.

The rapper experimented with a new sound for his collaboration with Calvin Harris, which debuted at the top of the singles chart yesterday.

"Experimenting with dance music is a good way for British rappers to get on the radio and into the charts," Dizzee told the Daily Star. "Some people might see this as me selling out but no way. Every track I write I try to make different from the last and as my profile has risen with all the festivals and live shows I've done, I've wanted to experiment more.

"My audience has got more diverse, which I love. I've even started seeing teenyboppers in the front rows. Now I can't wait to celebrate. I'm thinking of throwing a No.1 party and Mr Harris will be there. He's got some moves, man."

The star added that he "couldn't be happier" with his chart success and is already making plans for his next hit.

He said: "I wouldn't mind sorting out a collaboration with Rihanna. I've met her once and she's nice, man."

> Click here for our review of 'Dance Wiv Me'



See Also